B2B Logistics Brand Seals $6M Deal from Kazehi Campaign
The Client provides specialized logistics solutions to manufacturing, technology, wholesale, retail, and home delivery companies throughout the United States. Its primary lines of service include managed freight, logistics, shipping, and storage. The company’s annual revenue is over $30 million.
Lead Generation, Appointment Setting
Miscellaneous Retail, Household Furniture, Internet Retailers(Electronics and Appliances)
TARGET DECISION MAKERS:
Logistics Coordinator, Procurement Manager, Operations Manager, Shipping Manager, Home Delivery Operations Manager, C-level, President
The Client has recently been ramping up its presence in the “last mile” delivery market. This was marked by a series of specialized logistics services rolled out during the last three years, which were aimed at helping traditional retailers and ecommerce companies streamline their home delivery operations.
To support its push into the U.S. home delivery space, the Client had put together a “full spectrum” marketing plan. The primary strategy combined a number of digital and outbound channels deployed throughout their conversion funnel.
During planning, the Client had also decided to divide the marketing activities between its internal team and an outside marketing agency. A third-party vendor would handle most of the early-stage prospecting and lead generation activities, while the company’s in-house agents took care of activities further down the funnel.
● Completed a highly successful US-wide appointment setting campaign for a B2B logistics provider
● Maximized engagement and conversions through multiple channels
● Enabled Client to improve presence in new market segment with high-value opportunities
THE KAZEHI SOLUTION
Taking the Client’s requirements into careful consideration, Kazehi then hammered out a plan for a twelve-month appointment setting campaign which consisted of:
● Account-Based Multi-Channel Lead Management which included Voice, Email, Web, Chat and Social Media.
● Sales Enablement & Support that provided Training, Setup and Back Office Sales Support.
● Tools & Subscriptions of the Kazehi Pipeline and HubSpot CRMs.
● Account Management with Strategy Building, Reporting and Product Knowledge.
Specifically, the Client wanted the Kazehi team to carry out the following tasks:
● Look for retail businesses with a strong fit
● Contact key persons in charge of logistics and home delivery operations
● Screen them further with additional qualifying requirements
● Schedule qualified contacts for an introductory meeting
The campaign involved two key steps:
Account Research and Selection
1. The Client specified retail and e-commerce businesses that sell furniture, electronics, and appliances all over the United States as the main companies to target.
2. Decision makers in charge of logistics operations, home delivery operations, and order fulfillment were identified as the ideal prospects to contact.
3. Kazehi obtained contact and other key information from its in-house database and through additional research.
Account and Prospect Profiling
1. The Client provided target decision makers for the Kazehi team to reach out which consisted of detailed demographic and firmographic segmentations.
2. The buyer personas designated as the campaign’s primary targets were Logistics Coordinator, Procurement Manager, Operations Manager, Shipping Manager, Home Delivery Operations Manager, C-level, President
3. The master contact list was segmented based on these personas, and was further grouped according to industry type.
The twelve-month ABM campaign delivered a total of 168 Sales Qualified Leads, 83 Marketing Qualified Leads and 5400 Social Media Connections. The Client was able to close a deal that was worth $6M in the first half of the campaign.